Chapter 23 Worrying about panties




   Finally, the appraisal was completed and I received my reward.


 Well, rather than being appraised, it was just a merchant who showed up suddenly and bought it.


 It seems the matter between the merchant and the guild was settled, and the reward was received afterwards.




 The amount received this time was 10 gold coins.




"Then this is for you."


"Eh?"




 I handed two people's worth of gold coins to Lapis.


 As for the split, I took 4 gold coins, and Lapis received 6 gold coins for two people.




"Wh-why are you giving it to me?"


"Well, we're in a party, so it's only natural to split it up, right?"


"No, that's not it! Why does it include the ones Zest defeated?!"


"I'll take 4 gold coins, and each of you 3, so 6 in total, okay? It'll be a hassle to split it up into smaller pieces, so I'll just accept that. I'm tired today."


"It is not like that!!"




 Lapis seems to be acting out a lot.




"We didn't do anything! Why do we get a share for monsters that you defeated, Zest!?"


"Because. Since we're in a party, it's only natural to split it equally."


"That's not it!!"




 What's her problem?




"You defeated that big one all by yourself! So I can't accept this!"


"I didn't do anything useful either, so I think Onee-chan is right."


"Well, I mean, you guys defeated some monsters too. So just take it."


"We only took down the smallest ones!"


"That's enough. I'm too tired to argue, so just accept it."


"I can't accept it! It's way too much!"


"No matter how you look at it, that's too much!"


"Huh?"




 The two of them continued to refuse, insisting that they could not accept it.


 We argued about it for a while, but I managed to convince them.


 In the end, we agreed that I would take 8 gold coins, and they would take 2 gold coins between them.




"...So this is fine, right? Okay, this conversation is over. Got it?"


"I-I wonder if it's really okay..."




 They each have a gold coin in their hands.



ads



"I-I've never touched a gold coin before..."


"Me too..."


"...Come to think of it, I've heard that you can eat gold coins."


"Onee-chan? What are you saying?! Don't eat it!"


"I-I was joking! I'd never do that! Hahaha!"


"Geez...you scared me..."




 ……Maybe I should check for bite marks on a regular basis.




"But what should I do? I never dreamed I'd get my hands on such a large sum of money..."


"Oh, that's right. Nee, Onee-chan."


"hmm?"




 They started whispering to each other.




"...That's right. Let's do that."


"Yeah, it'll help everyone a little bit."




 After saying that, they moved to the guild receptionist, where he discussed something before handing over the gold coins.


 After receiving the gold coins, the receptionist accepted the coins and went to the back, returning a moment later with a few silver coins for Lapis.


 For some reason, the sisters seemed satisfied and came back to me with smiles.



ads



"What happened? It looked like you handed over some gold coins."


"Actually, we donated it to the orphanage."


"Donation? You did that?"


"Yeah. It's something we've been thinking about for a while. We decided that once we had some surplus as adventurers, we'd donate."


"We were taken care of there. I hope this lets everyone eat something tasty."




 I see. Donating to an orphanage, huh? That's admirable.


 Come to think of it, I haven't done anything at the orphanage since then.


 Okay, then I'll donate too.




 So from that day on, we started donating part of our rewards to the orphanage.






 the next day.


 We left the inn and were on our way out of town. Today we plan to go hunting in the same forest we went to yesterday.


 But yesterday was a terrible experience. I never thought that just hunting a rare monster would cause such a commotion.


 Maybe because it's a rare monster material, merchants are all eager to get it.


 I understand the sentiment, but I definitely don't want to go through that again.




 I wonder if that kind of commotion will occur every time I bring a rare monster from now on...


 Thinking about this makes me depressed. Is there anything I can do about it?




 As I was pondering about this, Lapis came up to me.




"Hey, hey. Maybe we're going to the forest we went to yesterday?"


"That's the plan."


"S-so we are going..."


"Huh?"




 For some reason, Lapis' mood drops.




"What's wrong? Why are you suddenly so depressed?"


"B-but... there's a chance that a big one like that might appear again..."


"It's not something that you encounter often, so it's fine. It's lucky if we see it."


"But still..."



ads



 Hmm. She really doesn't seem keen on going.




"Would you like to go somewhere else if possible?"


"That's right. I'm still uneasy so I want to go somewhere else."


"I'm not used to it yet, and if this keeps up I'll end up having to wash my panties again..."


"Huh? panties?"


“Hey…! Finne! That’s a secret!”


"……Ah!"




 Hmm? Why this about panties?


 What does the forest have to do with panties?




"F-forget what you just heard! It's nothing!"


"Y-yes! It's nothing! I haven't washed anything!"


"…………"




 They're unusually desperate. Their faces are a bit red too.


 Why are people so keen to deny something as simple as underwear?




 Just washing panties...




 …………




 ...Oh. I get it now.




"Ah... yeah. It was your first time seeing a mutant. The size must have been shocking. It's understandable if it caused... Sometimes it comes out..."


"Wha-what's with that look?! It can't be helped! I never heard anything about encountering something like that! And I only leaked a little bit!"


"O-Onee-chan! There's no need to say that either!"


"……Ah!"




 The more these sisters talk, the more they reveal.


 Lapis glared at me with her face red and eyes teary.




"Uh... I-forget it! Forget everything you just heard!"


"I know, I know. It was my fault for asking. So stop hitting me."




 I walked through the town, dodging Lapis who kept hitting me.





TN : if you found something wrong just let me know


 If you like my work please consider support me Ko-fi



Prev    TOC    Next

Comments